- Dongfeng Honda's 3rd factory goes into operation
- Chinese car maker Dongfeng celebrates Volvo Ocean Race victory
- Dongfeng Automobile gets RMB270mln NEV promotion subsidy
- Dongfeng Motor plans to more than double overseas sales by 2020
- China FAW, Dongfeng Motor and Changan join forces on shared-car business
- Dongfeng Yulon moves into high gear, by rebranding
Founded in 1969 and based in Wuhan, Dongfeng Motor Corporation (DFM) is one of China’s largest auto groups, with total assets of RMB 240.2 billion and employees of 176,000 people. DFM’s main business covers the full range of commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, new-energy vehicles, engines, auto parts and components, and other auto-related business, with the business scale exceeding 3.8 million units.
DFM enjoys strong influence and brand appeal in the automotive industry. The Dongfeng brand is one of well-known trademarks for China’s automotive industry, and ranks among the World Top 500 Famous Brands.
In its 46-year history, DFM has become an industrial leader in operation & management ability, manufacturing ability and marketing ability in addition to building a composite and open-ended R & D system, providing DFM with powerful R & D strength and independent innovation capability. In particular, DFM’s R & D bases in China, Sweden, Germany and elsewhere are engaged in joint research and development and committed to technical innovation and application in the industry.
Looking ahead, DFM will continue holding true to its vision of being “a centenary Dongfeng with sustainable development, an innovative Dongfeng capable of independent development and an internationalized Dongfeng with global competitiveness”, in an effort to become stronger and better, and develops into the world's most advanced transnational company.